HepFree PA Coalition Call
August 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The CLA currently provides expertise and guidance to statewide stakeholders, including departments of health, to address the intersection of viral hepatitis and the opioid epidemic through coalition building, educational programs, trainings, advocacy initiatives and elimination planning. We continue to build state coalitions by identifying opportunities to convene and collaborate. Through our existing work we have taken steps to address the growing syndemic of viral hepatitis and the opioid epidemic across the nation with a specific focus on central Appalachia states. Our goals include:
- Developing and supporting statewide coalitions of key stakeholders to create and execute a plan of action.
- Raise awareness among community leaders, legislators and policy makers about the infectious disease consequences of the opioid epidemic.
- Expanding screening for HCV, HBV, HIV and STIs especially in hot spots and rural areas.
- Supporting the creation and expansion of harm reduction services by collaborating with our colleagues at harm reduction organizations.
- Educating and empowering community providers including recovery service organization and other allied health professionals to diagnose and treat viral diseases.